What safety signs does your UK business have to have? According to the Safety Signs and Signals Regulations of 1996, all UK workplaces must feature easily recognisable signs and symbols relating to safety matters. All workplaces are expected to make use of standardised signage to ensure that signs have the same meaning and can be understood by everyone. These regulations also stipulate that it is the employer’s legal responsibility to display safety signs anywhere in the business where a risk is posed where other means haven’t been set in place to control or avoid potential danger.
Of course having safety signs displayed in the workplace is not only about being compliant with industry imposed regulations in order to avoid hefty fines. Businesses can also benefit in the following ways:
- Ensure that your staff members are kept safe at all times. This also directly translates to staff loyalty and less downtime due to injuries or recovery time required.
- Avoid potential legal action from staff members when / if they get injured on duty.
The following types of signs are compulsory in the UK workplace:
- Fire safety signs.
- Emergency exit signs.
- Road traffic regulation signs within the work place.
- Prohibition signs.
There are various other safety signs that are considered mandatory or compulsory in UK workplaces.
Employers are also faced with the following responsibilities in terms of safety signage in the workplace:
- Ensure that all employees are educated on the meaning of signage. All new or unfamiliar signage must be explained to employees at every level of the business.
- Safety signage must be maintained and updated over time to ensure clear visibility and 100% adherence.
- All staff members must be trained in how to react in risky and unsafe situations.
Get safety signs from leading signage company, Display Signs
If you are looking for durable, highly visible, safety signage that complies with legislation and regulations for UK businesses, take the time to browse through our online signage shop. At Display Signs we take the safety of your employees and your business seriously. We offer standardised signage that adheres to regulations in place for compulsory safety signs in the UK.
For more information and advice on our mandatory safety signage products, contact us via email or telephone at Display Signs today.